FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 23, 2021
Eight makers and entrepreneurs, along with special guest Aquarian Girl Scout Troop 436, will feature their products via a Facebook Group from Nov. 24-30. The event is scheduled over the busiest retail weekend of the year, kicking off on Women-Led Wednesday and progressing through Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday and Giving Tuesday.
- Artist Christine Sundly of AK Art and Design is of the Menomonee Nation. She combines her painting and drawing techniques with digital design skills for creating abstract Alaskan animals. Sundly is a studio artist of The Nave by Cook Inlet Housing Authority, a central hub for neighborhood engagement with community, culture, and art in Anchorage: churchoflovespenard.com/christinesundly
- Alpine Fit outdoor adventure wear is made in Alaska and features odor-eliminating fabrics. The brand offers more sizing and fit options for different body proportions than typically found with other brands. Founder and owner Jen Loofbourrow and her team earned the award, Manufacturer of the Year by the State of Alaska in 2020: alpinefit.co
- Annie’s Arts and Follies features one-of-a-kind funktastic jewelry and magical knits handmade by Buffalo, New York native silversmith Annie Ciszak. Annie’s Arts and Follies is a veteran spouse-owned business in Anchorage, and has been featured in Gifts & Decorative Accessories magazine, Gift Shop Magazine and BUST: anniesartsandfollies.com
- Apres Alaska is an online boutique curated for the casually chic and luxe-loving style mavens of the Last Frontier. Camille Adeneka launched Apres Alaska last month, inspired by her New York City roots and the effortless style and joy found in One of Alaska’s newest small businesses, Apres Alaska is a Black-owned, Hispanic-owned business based in Tok, Alaska: apresalaska.com
- Amber Stephens is the maker and owner behind Crafty Girl Designs and Evolving on Wings. Amber’s talents range from cozy crocheted headbands and wraps to interactive origami art installations. She folds letters and artwork into origami cranes to form waterfall crane strands, driftwood mobiles, and dreamcatchers. Crafty Girl Designs and Evolving on Wings are Asian-owned businesses based in Anchorage: facebook.com/craftygirldesigns and facebook.com/evolvingonwings
- Elevated Oats is a colorful gourmet granola company based in Anchorage, dedicated to eating for the mind, body, and soul to live an elevated life. Our gluten-free, soft granola is hand-crafted with less sugar and nutrient dense for your next adventure. Elevated Oats was founded by U.S. Army veterans and battle buddies, Megan Militello and Lacey Ernandes. The Rosie Network recently named Elevated Oats the 2021 Veteran Owned Startup of the Year: elevatedoats.com
- WILCO SUPPLY is an online boutique supplying minimalist style bags and accessories to help others feel confident, stylish and organized. Founded by military entrepreneur and veteran spouse Amy Slinker, WILCO SUPPLY has been featured on NPR, Reserve + National Guard magazine, and the Association of Military Spouse Entrepreneurs Hispanic/Latinx Owned Business Guide: wilcosupplyco.com
- The youngest makers and entrepreneurs of the event, the Junior Scouts of Aquarian Charter School Girl Scout Troop 436 are participating in the market as part of their Bronze Award project. The Girl Scout Bronze Award is one of the highest awards in Girl Scouting, earned by making a difference in the community. The troop will sell their handmade, scented chapsticks during the virtual market to raise funds to create care packages for individuals experiencing homelessness: alaskagirlscouts.com
The Alaska Small Business Virtual Market will be held at the Facebook group here: facebook.com/groups/alaskasmallbizpopupmarket
Media is invited to cover the Alaska Small Business Virtual Market. Those interested should contact Amy Slinker of WILCO SUPPLY at firstname.lastname@example.org.