Women Veteran Business Owners Launch Campaign with 8 other Alaskan Businesses to Raise Awareness and Funds for Alternative Therapies for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Two U.S. Army veterans and business partners are launching a campaign with 8 other businesses, including WILCO SUPPLY, to raise awareness and funds for alternative therapies for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) this month.
Megan Militello and Lacey Ernandes created the Thanks Giving-Away; as a fundraiser and giveaway to raise awareness and funds for alternative therapies for PTSD. Because of their own experience with the unseen emotional wounds of war, Militello and Ernandes are passionate about this campaign to help other veterans.
Militello and Ernandes are the founders and owners of Elevated Oats, an Alaskan gourmet granola manufacturer. They have been “battle buddies” since 2007 when they met on a deployment to Iraq while serving as air traffic controllers. Militello and Ernandes parted ways after leaving the service, until reconnecting in 2019 when they developed the Elevated Oats business. Today, Elevated Oats is sold at more than 100 locations across Alaska.
When shoppers purchase from www.elevatedoats.com during the month of November, Elevated Oats will donate a portion of proceeds to Mount Sinai's Center for Psychedelic Psychotherapy and Trauma Research. WILCO SUPPLY is joining Elevated Oats in this effort and will also donate a portion of proceeds from purchases made at www.wilcosupplyco.com.
Elevated Oats partnered with local businesses to offer prizes for the giveaway, including:
1. A lifetime membership access to Powerful Subliminals App from Powerful Subliminals
2. Gift card redeemable for: one 50-minute Breathwork or Light Therapy Session AND “2 Week Unlimited” or 10 virtual class pack from Anchorage Yoga
3. 12x18 Metal Wildlife Print from Mike Wolfe Photography
4. Merino Geo in Kelp and Cozy Headband in Stone Marble from Alpine Fit
5. 4 limited edition flavors from our special reserve (Lemonberry Muffin, Pineapple
Habanero, Rhubarb Crisp, Basic Batch) + a special book that helped Militello and Ernandes through their healing journey from Elevated Oats
6. Sword & Plough Compact Travel Kit (veteran brand/veteran made with repurposed military materials) from WILCO SUPPLY
7. 3 hand poured soy candles from World Wanderers Candle Company
8. A large scented knit pumpkin, knit washcloth, and matching 3 pack of knit face
scrubbies from Manda Threadz
9. 11x14 Mountain Scape Print from Jillian Blum
Enter the giveaway here: www.elevatedoats.com/giving-away until Tuesday,
Nov. 29. One first-prize winner will be randomly selected and announced on Nov. 30!
Leave a comment